Training the Trainers: What we cover
Introduction to teaching and learning theory: We look at the qualities of effective teachers; pacing, trustworthiness, approachability, giving feedback and the differences between ‘Deep’ and ‘Surface’ learners.
Learning principles and styles: Kolb’s original model of reflective learning:
- Concrete experience – what happened
- Reflective observation – how it was perceived by the learner
- Abstract conceptualisation – hypothesis – why it may have happened
- Active experimentation – testing hypothesis and assimilation of results
Learning styles: How different people represent and learn information: The ‘VARK’ model. Semantic networks and why things stay ‘On the tip of your tongue’ but unavailable. The top ten teaching strategies and how and when to apply them to different audiences.
Coaching and Mentoring: We will cover the five key areas:
- Setting the scene
- Developing rapport
- Delivering constructive feedback
- Leading the trainee to their own solutions
- Closing and summarising agreed action
Running the teaching session: Here we look at the ergonomics of the formal teaching session and how to arrange the venue to maximise the impact of different teaching strategies. Depending upon the subject matter, we will look at the most appropriate teaching strategies: Lecture, group work, demonstration, role-play, case-studies, games and open discussion.
Certification for portfolio is provided
Half-day face-to-face (Can include on-camera work and Hypnotherapy) £299.00
Zoom session £150.00